Thursday, July 23, 2009

New: Indo Hip Hop Spotlight

So I decided that I'd do a spotlight on Indonesian Hip Hop. I gave this whole blog thing a break since i last put up the episodes cus i was way too busy. But now that I found these guys it gave me that spark to start doing this again.. Anyways...

This spotlight is on Retorika.. I dont know much about them.. Just that they seem like very creative and heavily motivated guys who take what they do seriously.. I really dig what their doing on a lyrikal point too cus i feel like for once, its some real shit thats coming out of an indonesian Mc and i;d like to see some more of this shit coming out. Its very typical of the underground sound there to have the delivery in this semi spoken word type rap. At the end of the day i think they have so much they wanna express and let out that i really feel what these dudes are trying to say. Catching these guys with Homicide and D-Army would probably be an ill concert..

Anyways.. heres the vid that caught my eye

No comments: